Play Imaginative Super Alloy New 52 Green Lantern 1/6 Scale Figure
While SDCC was going on Play Imaginative had a pretty nice showing in the YesAnime booth. They brought all of their 1/4 scale Iron Man 3 products, their 1/12 scale Iron Man 3 products, as well as their DC Comics 1/6 scale Super Alloy Figures. On display for the first time was the Play Imaginative Super Alloy New 52 Green Lantern 1/6 Scale Figure, which now has some official images. If you want to see what it looked like at SDCC 2013, you still can by clicking here and visiting our photo galleries.
To me the Super Alloy New 52 Green Lantern 1/6 Scale Figure seemed far less impressive than the already revealed Super Alloy New 52 Superman 1/6th scale figure. The Green Lantern is actually made of 5% less die-cast material than their previous figures, but I don’t think that’s really the main problem with this guy.
The Super Alloy Green Lantern’s sculpt just doesn’t look like it’s 1/6th scale quality. I’m not just talking about the sculpt on his face, I’m talking about the sculpt of his entire body. It just looks very basic to me.
Play Imaginative Super Alloy New 52 Green Lantern 1/6 Scale Figure Features:
- Approximately 12 inches in height.
- Developed based on computer 3D model from DC Comics, ensuring accuracy of proportions.
- More than 80% die-cast material.
- Showroom glossy metallic paints, matte metallic paints and polished metal with protective coating.
- One (1) interchangeable head of The New 52 Green Lantern.
- Each head sculpt is individually hand-painted, with authentic, detailed and comic accurate facial features.
- Die-cast metal torso, forearms, calves, and boots.
- Rubber exterior with die-cast metal interior ribcage, biceps, and thighs.
- Figurine with more than 25 points of articulation.
- Double jointed neck.
- Ball jointed shoulders for full range of arm movements.
- Double jointed elbows and knees.
- Ball jointed wrists and groin.
- Double jointed body, bendable at upper torso.
- Spring-loaded articulated waist.
- Ball jointed ankles with bendable boot front.
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands.
- One (1) pair of fists.
- One (1) pair of flying pose hands.
- One (1) pair of semi-clenched hands.
- One (1) pointing hand and One (1) lantern-holding hand.
- LED lights in eyes and chest emblem (batteries included, controlled by remote).
- LED light in ring on fist only (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
- Die-cast remote control to control LED lights in figurine only (batteries included).
- Lantern with LED lights (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
- Transparent green full body armour construct with weapon.
- Base stand with claw comes with adjustable height.
- Foldable backdrop with plastic angle supports to enhance display of figurine.
- Hard case box with metal plate logo. Internal blister support.
- Microfibre cleaning cloth for cleaning off fingerprint marks on alloy parts.
- Screwdriver for opening battery compartments.
- Tests performed – Oxidation, paint chipping, paint fading, electronic and battery tests.
THE EXCLUSIVE EDITION COMES WITH ADDITIONAL:
- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged head of The New 52 Green Lantern with angered expression (with LED lights in eyes).
- Battle damaged transparent green full body armour construct without weapon.
Release Date: November 2013
YesAnime.com currently has the pre-orders up for the exclusive edition of the Super Alloy New 52 Green Lantern 1/6 Scale Figure. If you are looking to buy it, head on over!