Just this past Summer, NECA gave us a look at their upcoming Halo Master Chief DOT-approved helmet. It was still in the early prototype stage, but it gave us a good idea what to expect for the final product. The helmet is now finished and up for pre-order, and looks even better than I imagined.
Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 is a central figure at the forefront of the war against the Covenant and rumored to be the lone survivor of the declassified SPARTAN-II project.
This limited edition helmet has a convenient modular design with glove-friendly opening mechanism and full list of features.
- Convenient modular design
- ABS shell with matte UV-protective clear coat
- Front air intakes reduce shield fogging; rear exhaust vents keep head cool and dry
- Reflective shield with UV protection
- *Double D-ring nylon chin strap with snap secure
- Game-authentic deco
- Contoured center pad with a design that allows heat to dissipate from the top of the scalp
- Dual-layer EPS cheek pads for a firm, comfortable fit
- Center pad and cheek pads are removable and washable
- Soft, moisture-wicking material
- Eyeglasses friendly interior
- Meets or exceeds DOT standards (FMVSS 49 CFR 571.218)
- Nylon drawstring helmet bag included
- Limited Edition
- Available in S (55-56 cm), M (57-58 cm), L (59-60 cm), XL (61-62 cm)
The helmets are available in several sizes and are currently available for pre-order here. They are expected to start shipping in July.