Hot Toys Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Figure
Hot Toys has released images and details for their upcoming Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary – Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure. The figure includes a number of assorted accessories including multiple interchangeable hands, Lightsabers, a blaster, a grappling gun, a thermal detonator, a helmet, and a Hoth diorama figure stand.
As a big fan of The Empire Strikes Back, I absolutely love the look of this figure! The detailing on this figure is absolutely excellent and the Snowspeeder flight suit is my favorite flight suit in the Star Wars universe and Hot Toys has done a fantastic job on it and I love the wear and tear detailing too it, especially on the jacket looks really authentic.
The likeness to Mark Hamill is absolutely fantastic, though I think the hair sculpt is a little bit off in my opinion. Though that doesn’t really derail how excellent this figure looks. One thing that does look odd though is how the flight cap sits over his hair it looks like it sits too high on his head, though this may be due to the thickness of the cap itself. The detailing on the helmet is oustanding and I really love that it includes articulation
I really love the accessories for this figure, especially for the LED lightsaber. The inclusion of interchangeable gloved and ungloved hands is great so you can display Luke like he’s on Hoth or when he lands on Dagobah which is awesome! It’s great that he comes with the grapple hook gun and thermal detonator that he uses to take down the AT-AT.
I would personally love to see a Black Series figure of Dagobah landing Luke Skywalker which would be somewhat similar to this figure with an unhelmeted head, ungloved hands, a dirtier looking flight suit and with the gun holster belt. I think one day we’ll see it as Hasbro have some of those parts used already with other figures…..
Anyway back to this figure, I think it looks absolutely outstanding and I really love the look of it and I would love to add it to my collection it’s a pity we have to almost wait two years for it to be released…
Here’s the official press release from Hot Toys and a gallery of this outstanding looking figure!
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary – Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure
“Echo station Five-Seven. We’re on our way!” – Luke Skywalker
During the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Luke SkywalkerTM piloted a SnowspeederTM, led the Rebel Alliance against the Empire’s ground forces, and instructed the other snowspeeder pilots to use their harpoons and cables to aim for the legs in an attempt to take down the massive Imperial AT-AT™ walkers in order to give the Rebels enough time to evacuate the snow planet.
In celebrating the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Hot Toys is excited to introduce a series of collectibles based on this iconic film! Now, Hot Toys is delighted to officially present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of Luke Skywalker in his flight suit and helmet that he wore on Hoth, as the latest release of The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection!
The highly-accurate Luke Skywalker collectible figure is expertly crafted based on his appearance in the movie, features a head sculpt with newly sculpted hair sculpture, finely tailored Snowspeeder outfit and life support unit on chest, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a highly-detailed flight helmet, a grappling gun, a blaster, a thermal detonator, a snow-themed diorama set-up with a figure stand all in the specially designed retro-style packaging!
Star Wars fans don’t miss the chance to add this new Luke Skywalker collectible figure to your treasured display!
– Product Code: MMS585
– Product Name: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot) (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection)
– Height: Approximately 28 cm tall
– Points of Articulations: 30
– Special Features: Newly developed brown hair sculpture with magnetic features, Newly tailored orange-colored flight jacket
The 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker™ (Snowspeeder Pilot) Collectible Figure (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection) specially features:
– A head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
– Newly developed brown hair sculpture with magnetic features
– Body with over 30 points of articulations
– Approximately 28 cm tall
– Four (4) pieces of interchangeable white-colored gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of hands for holding the lightsaber
– One (1) pair of gestured hands
– Four(4) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of hands for holding the lightsaber
– One (1) gestured left hand
– One (1) right hand for blaster pistol holding
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– Special package design with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary logo
– One (1) newly tailored orange-colored flight jacket
– One (1) orange-colored flight jumpsuit
– One (1) white colored vest with a life support unit
– One (1) brown-colored utility belt with blaster holster
– One (1) climbing harness
– One (1) pair of grey-colored snow boots
– One (1) flight helmet with the inner layer, comlink, and visor (with articulation feature)
– Two (2) pairs of interchangeable forearm gauntlet (normal and for wielding LED lightsaber)
– One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
– One (1) lightsaber hilt
– One (1) blue-colored blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
– One (1) grappling gun
– One (1) blaster pistol
– One (1) thermal detonator
– One (1) snow ground diorama accessory attachable to the figure base
– Specially designed figure stand with character name and interchangeable graphic card
– Head Sculpted by Ji Ho Lee
– Head Painted by JC. Hong
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong