Hot Toys Avengers Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark VII – Movie Promo Edition
In celebration of the Iron Man 3 movie that is going to be hitting theaters next month, Hot Toys has announced an extremely limited edition figure – the Hot Toys Avengers Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark VII – Movie Promo Edition. From the information that Hot Toys has released this figure is going to be “exclusively limited to WORLDWIDE only”. Who knows what that means? So I guess if you are tuning in from space then you are SOL. Lucky me, I’m right here on earth so I’ll have my crack at obtaining one of these beauties.
Like the previous Iron Man Mark VII figure that was revealed and is available for pre-order, this figure is going to be highly detailed is based on the imags of Robert Downey Jr. as the Iconic Mark VII from the Avengers movie.
There is no final word on exactly how many of these guys are going to be available worldwide, but the first 800 pieces are going to be available for pre-order first. The rest of the world will have the second crack during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period.
Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark VII – Movie Promo Edition Features:
- Likeness of the Mark VII with battle damaged features
- Head sclupt w/ helmet and likness of Robert Downey Jr.
- Alternate Helmeted Head
- 12″ Figure
- 36 points of articulation
- LED lit eyes and chest (white light)
- 1 battle damaged mask (removable)
- 1 battle damaged chest armor (removable)
- 1 battle damaged shoulder armor
- 1 pair of detachable shoulder rockets
- 3 pairs of hands (1 pair with improved articulation and white light)
- Improved articulation on waist
- Deployable air flaps on back
- Deployable flaps on back of legs
- Metallic paint on armor
- Battle damaged alien weapon
- Diorama base featuring alien corpse
Release Date: Q3 2013
To me this figure is kind of a slap in the face. I have already pre-ordered the Mark VII regular version and now they come out with this. This guy is better in just about every way. He comes with an amazing base that the Hulk would look fantastic towering over once he finally comes, and he also has better palms and articulation. They could have at least waited until I had the regular Mark VII in my hands to announce this far superior version of him. Check out the comparison of the 2 figures below.