Hasbro Pulsecon Star Wars Reveals
Hasbro held their Star Wars toys panel today and showed off a ton of new stuff. They showed off new figures in the Star Wars Vintage Collection and Star Wars Black Series, Black Series Holiday Editions, Black Series Archive line, and a new Ahsoka Force FX saber.
I have to say I am very impressed with all the reveals, especially for the Black Series line. Also, it’s nice to see some new additions and re-releases in the Vintage Collection line. Jar Jar Binks has been hinted to be in the line for a while and it’s great that he has a Deluxe release too which is at a slightly higher price point. Hopefully, we’ll see more characters from the prequel trilogy in the Black Series line down the line.
Speaking of Deluxe figure they are releasing a Return of the Jedi Boba Fett which has been on my wishlist for a while and it’s a fantastic-looking figure and it’s nice to see Boba coming with some new accessories as the grappling hook and the sliced gun. Also, the paint job looks great and a must-have for me.
I have to say I am quite surprised that they are releasing a Dark Side Rey that we briefly saw in Rise of Skywalker. Though I have to say It’s a unique looking figure and I did really like the idea of Dark Side Rey in the film. Also, she has a very unique looking lightsaber. We’ve known for quite some time that we’ll be getting an Incinerator Trooper and the Armorer from The Mandalorian will be joining the Black Series line. The exclusive Armorer looks great and I love her additional accessories.
It’s great to see that the archive line will be returning next year with some great re-releases; Thrawn, Commander Cody, Hoth Luke Skywalker, and Hoth Han Solo. It’s great that they have updated the Han and Luke with the face printing tech. I didn’t know that they would join in the line but I am very happy they have as the original figures are very expensive on the secondary market and they don’t look as good as these ones. I’ll definitely be picking these up once they become available.
I know that a lot of people don’t like the look of the Holiday Edition troopers but I think it’s a very fun and novel idea for the Holiday season and they would make fun decorations. Star Wars has always had a fun side and I really do like the ugly Christmas sweater designs they have put on some of the armored parts of some of the troopers it’s a great idea!
The Ashoka Force FX lightsaber looks to be a great addition to the Force FX lightsaber line and I really do love the color options that you get with the blades with this release. The only problem that I have with this line is that these are rather difficult to get hold of here in the UK.
Here’s a breakdown of what they revealed at the Star Wars Hasbro Pulsecon panel:
The Vintage Collection
- AOTC Anakin – New cloak soft goods on Anakin Photo Real face
- TPM Queen Amildala Black Dress, Photo Real face
- TPM Battle Droid
- ROTJ Tie Fighter Pilot
- Capt Rex
- Mandolorian Incenerator Trooper, flame effect
- Phase 1 Clone Trooper Refresh
- TPM Jar Jar Binks
- ROTJ Boba Fett, improved articulation, all new sculpt, flame, grapple hook, removeable backpack, gun cut in half, molded cape
- Dark Side Rey, soft goods cape, switch blade
- Mando Incenerator Trooper, flame effect, back pack, new trooper mold
- Mando The Armorer – exclusive version, former Celebration exclusive. Will be mainline later.
Archive with 50th Lucasfilm Logo
- Commander Cody
- Empire Strikes Back Hoth Luke, new photo real face
- Empire Strikes Back Han Hoth Gear, brown jacket, photo real face
- Thrawn photo real face, red eyes
- Snowtrooper with Penguin PORG, Sword, Walmart Exclusive
- Sith Trooper, Babu Frik, Nerf Gun, Christmas Scarf, Best Buy Exclusive
- Clone Trooper, Candy Cane stick, ugly sweater, fat penguin porg, Gamestop Exclusive
- Storm Trooper, pretorian guard weapon, ugly sweater, snow porg, Amazon Exclusive
- Range Trooper, Santa theme, ice sith baton, Reindeer DRO, Target Exclusive
Force FX Elite
Ahsoka – blue, green, yellow