Baymax and the whole Big Hero 6 Gang are now available in Disney’s Big Hero 6 Product Assortment
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has rolled out a robust range of products that celebrate the comedy-adventure Big Hero 6, which debuts in theaters November 7, 2014. Best-in-class licensees including Bandai, Freeze, GDC and Jay Franco in addition to Disney Store and Disney Publishing Worldwide have developed an assortment of action figures, plush, role-play toys, apparel, home décor, books and more that take inspiration from the film’s action-filled adventures. The film’s breakout character Baymax is the star of the product collection with products ranging from interactive action figures with transformative battling capabilities, to plush and tech accessories that celebrate his compassionate and humorous personality.
[quote]“Disney Consumer Products and our licensees have collaborated to create a toy line that brings Big Hero 6’s action-packed storyline and diverse cast of characters to life”[/quote]
“Disney Consumer Products and our licensees have collaborated to create a toy line that brings Big Hero 6’s action-packed storyline and diverse cast of characters to life,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “Our Big Hero 6 product line features sharp color schemes and bold, stylized design trends to capture the essence of San Fransokyo and its dynamic heroes.”
Big Hero 6 products are available now at mass and specialty retailers nationwide, Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com. DisneyStore.com also offers a “Create Your Own” shop that allows fans to personalize a variety of items, from tech accessories and school supplies to apparel and party invitations, with their favorite characters from the movie.
Additionally, apparel licensee Threadless is hosting a contest from October 27 through November 17 that invites participants to design an original t-shirt inspired by Hiro, Baymax and the rest of the Big Hero 6 team. The winner will receive a prize package including $2,000 cash, a $500 Threadless gift card and a hand-drawn, framed Big Hero 6 piece of artwork from a Disney character artist. For official contest rules and design submissions, please visit threadless.com/bighero6/.
Highlights from the product line include:
San Fransokyo’s Finest:
- Deluxe Flying Baymax by Bandai (MSRP: $39.99): Towering at 11” inches with a soaring 18-inch wingspan, the Deluxe Flying Baymax features 20 points of articulation and a 4.5” Hiro Hamada figure, which when attached to Baymax’s back unlocks additional flying sounds.
- Armor-Up Baymax by Bandai (MSRP: $19.99): Transform Baymax from his 6” white nursebot form to an 8” crime-fighting hero with the Armor-Up Baymax. 20 body armor pieces construct a powered-up Baymax, growing two inches in height while preparing for battle in his red armored suit.
- GoGo Tomago and Honey Lemon 11” Dolls by Disney Store ($16.95 each): These fully poseable character dolls feature their accessories from the film, including GoGo Tomago’s spinning ”mag-lev discs” and high-speed armor and Honey Lemon’s messenger bag.
- Baymax Plush-Medium by Disney Store ($19.95): Cuddle up to soft stuffed Baymax for compassionate care and comfort throughout the daily adventure of life. This big plush robot is sure to cure any dull day.
Armor Up Gear:
- Baymax Rocket Fist by Bandai (MSRP: $19.99): Put the power of Baymax in your hands with the Baymax Rocket Fist. Easy reloading and fun launching up to 10 feet in distance with soft material on the fist makes it safe and fun to play.
- Big Hero 6 Masks by Bandai (MSRP: $9.99 each): Featuring comfortable padding with an adjustable strap, fans can take on the evil forces of San Fransokyo as Big Hero 6 heroes Hiro Hamada or Baymax.
- Big Hero 6 Graphic Tees by Freeze (MSRP: $12.95-$14.95): Channel your inner hero with these colorful Big Hero 6 cotton tees that featureall of your favorite characters from the film.
- Baymax Baseball Cap by Concept One (MSRP: $9.99): Top off your ensemble and show your support for everyone’s favorite nursebot Baymax with this embroidered flat-brimmed hat.
Home Is Where the Hero Is:
- Big Hero 6 Prodigy Bed Set by Jay Franco (MSRP: $199.99): After a long day of adventures and defeating bad guys, cozy up in this five-piece bedroom set that features Hiro Hamada and Baymax graphics.
- Big Hero 6 PJ Pals by Disney Store ($16.95): He’ll be able to battle baddies in his dreams in the comfort of Disney Store’s Big Hero 6 PJ Pal featuring Baymax and other colorful characters from the movie.
- Big Hero 6: Hiro and Tadashi by Disney Press (MSRP: $16.99): This beautifully-illustrated picture book timed to release with Big Hero 6, focuses on tech-wiz Hiro and his older brother, Tadashi, as well as their unique styles and tastes in building robots! Readers will get a feel for their fun, compelling relationship, their mutual love for technology, and get to know the characters behind the super team, Big Hero 6!
- Big Hero 6 Backpack by GDC (MSRP: $18.95): No matter where the adventure may lead, travel in style with this action-packed backpack that features the Big Hero 6 characters in their super-charged looks.
- Big Hero 6 Baymax iPhone Cases by Disney Store ($39.95 each): Protect your iPhone 5/5S in style with these sleek and lightweight cases that feature Big Hero 6’ breakout character, Baymax.
- Big Hero 6 Sleeves for MacBooks by Disney Store ($69.95 each): Whether you’re off to school, work or play, these sleeves featuring custom Baymax artwork provide your device with the ultimate level of protection and style.
- Big Hero 6: Baymax Blast App by Disney Publishing Worldwide (MSRP: $5.99): “Big Hero 6: Baymax Blast” is an action-packed endless runner adventure that invites fans to join Baymax and Hiro as they search San Fransokyo to recover Hiro’s stolen Microbots. Featuring original video clips and art style based on the film, fans will learn more about each character in truly unique and immersive ways as they fly with Baymax, complete challenging missions, unlock upgrades and new characters, and more!