If you want to get into action figure photography then you will more than likely need a light box
- A Box – This can be any size that you want as long as you can light it up. I like when the light box is more square than rectangular. The box I am using just so happens to be a case of action figures.
- Tracing Paper or Fabric – Experiment and try them both. They are both very inexpensive.
- Tape or Glue Stick – You will be using this to secure the tracing paper/fabric to the box. I have found that the glue stick is easier to use.
- Poster Board – This is going to serve as your background. You can use whatever color your desire. I used white in this example.
- Lights – You can use just 1 light but I would recommend getting 3 lights (one for each side) Get white lights and not yellow ones. You can pick these up at Walmart for $6.
- Razor Knife – This will come in handy to cut the cardboard box.
Now that you have all the supplies I am going to show you how to make the light box to aid you in action figure photography.
Put glue on the borders of one of the squares that you just cut out and place a pice of tracing paper as smooth as you can get it. Then cut off the excess. Do this for all of the sides that you cut out.
Slide in the poster board so that it covers the back of the box and the ground of the box.
You will have to experiment with the positioning of the lights and see what works best for you.