The Top 6 Action Figures I Still Haven’t Opened Yet
Everyone has his/her “ways”. Some people put one sock on at a time. Some people prefer their coffee black. Personally, I’m a firm believer in opening your toys. Because in the grand scheme of things, their value really only comes from what we (as collectors) put into them. And, honestly, only 1% of anyone’s collection has any true “worth”.
That being said…your friendly neighborhood jman’s got an unfortunate amount of figures that I haven’t opened yet. I know. I know. I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking: “You just said that the value of the toys comes from you! So why aren’t you opening your toys?!?? You’re a hypocrite!” Look, if that’s what you’re thinking, then nuts to you! I’ve got a bunch of reasons why I haven’t opened my figures yet. But, the biggest? Is that I’m a slave to my website. And I can’t open these figures without taking pictures. And for the last 7 years half year, I’ve been working/fixing my studio (where the magic happens). I haven’t had a place to set up and take pictures, let alone the time to take them. So, there!
But, the studio (where the magic happens) project is coming to an end (finally). And when it’s complete, here below are my top 6 figures I’m opening first:
6) Marvel Legends Thor: I’ve had this figure a few months now. I picked him up at Target at the beginning of the year. He’s pretty flipping cool and is more than ready to apply Mjolnir to some other unfortunate action figure’s head when they come to life when no one’s looking. Don’t even tell me you don’t know that Toy Story is based on actual events.
5) Signature Collection Wally West: Flash: I wrote about this guy to some length not too long ago. Yup. You guessed it. He’s still not open. But, the consensus from all the readers of the article was to open Wally. So, open I shall. When the time comes…
4) NYCC Deadpool Corp minimates: I’ve had this set the longest. I believe I picked them up at Wizard World Philadelphia 2012. My son, Jethro has been all over me about when I’m finally going to open them up. Over and over again, I hear it: When are you going to open them, Dad?!?! When?!?!?
3) Batman Unlimited Batgirl: Man! This! This is a long story. You can read all about the tale here. But, long story short? I spent months searching for this figure, documenting the search as it went along. Now I’m in the process of re-telling the trials and tribulations of the Quest for Batgirl. Spoiler alert!!! I found her. And can’t wait to open her!
2) Hot Toys sixth scale Black Widow: This is one of those figures, I pre-ordered from Sideshow Collectibles, sometime mid-2012. I paid for her via their wicked convenient payment plan. And she finally shipped the end of March 2013. I tell you all this because, although I’ve only had her in my possession for a few months, she’s been on my radar longer. Meaning? There’s something really wrong with me (like you needed me to tell you that) that I haven’t opened her yet!!! The box even has the polybag around it still!!!
And…1) Hot Toys sixth scale Hawkeye: Yea…that’s right. I’ve got a Hot Toys Hawkeye. How you like me now?!?!? I picked him up earlier in June at Wizard World Philadelphia 2013. This is probably the one figure I shouldn’t open. Talk about a return on an investment! Hawkeye’s selling for over 400 bucks on eBay! I could flip him right now and make a nice little profit. Not only will I not do that, but I’m gonna open him. And take plenty of pictures, in the process. Can you say “devalue”?!?!?