Now with less than 1 month until Iron Man 3 movie launch time, the Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark XLII Mark 42 Diecast Figure has been revealed. This figure has been long awaited by many people, including me. Some people have been wanting a plastic version of the Mark XLII, but at this point it's unclear weather or not Hot Toys will be producing both a diecast and plastic version of the exact same figure. Time will tell.
The Mark XLII Mark 42 Diecast Figure is just the second figure in the diecast lineup from Hot Toys, Iron Patriot being the first announced release. The diecast material that the figure is made of is meant to give the suit of armor a more closely realistic look than the plastic can give. The diecast series brings Iron Man fans to the next level of authenticity with new materials and fine details and engineering. You can share parts between the MMS and the Diorama series for more display options as well.
This movie accurate image of the Mark XLII collectible figure is highly detailed and is based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark XLII in the Iron Man 3 Movie, highlighting a highly detailed head sculpt, metallic paint, and light up functions.
Features of the Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark XLII Mark 42 Diecast Figure:
- Likeness of Mark XLII from Iron Man 3
- Battle Damaged Head Sclupt with RDJ likeness
- Alternate helmeted head with light up function
- 12 inches tall
- 36 points of articulation
- LED lit eyes and chest (white light, battery operated)
- 1 battle damaged mask
- 1 pair of battle damaged shoulder armor
- 1 chest armor
- 1 battle damaged chest armor
- 1 battle damaged biceps armor
- 1 pair of battle damaged forearm armor
- 3 pairs of interchangeable hands (fists, battle palms, articulated fingers)
- Improved waist articulation
- Deployable back flaps
- Metallic paint
- LED light up figure stand with nameplate and movie logo
Release Date: February 2014
If you are interested in placing a Pre-Order for this figure then you can do so here.